Sunday, September 20, 2009

Some progress at last......

Two posts in a week-who would have thought? I must point out that the picture featured in the last post was the first project in my rotation. It's the Patchwork Sampler by Jan Houtman stitched on 36ct linen with 1 strand of DMC over 2 threads. Here's a picture of the progress after I've finished 5(ish) hours working on it.

I've also included the photo that I took before I started stitching, as I've worked out that the progress is much easier to see that way. I did enjoy working on it, and I also worked out that I want to rechart part of it to remove the "title" and replace that with continuations of the motifs. I don't think that this would be ideal for a focus piece.
Next up was Celtic Autumn which is being stitched on 28ct Jobelan Stitches & Spice "Tundra". This one might be a candidate for a focus piece-I will see how I feel when I've gone through the list. Here's the before & after pics.

This week I also want to get some work done on a couple of Christmas ornament WIPs as well as some knitting.

We have one more week of Term 3 left, and then it's 2 weeks of holidays. In other news, our next door neighbours have put their property up for sale. It's a lovely property with a pool and potential for subdivision, so it has a substantial price tag. They had an "open house" this afternoon and it was interesting to see the cars that prospective buyers drove-Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, BMW......... We will have to wait and see if any of them move in next door.

Hopefully I will be back soon with more progress, and maybe even some knitting pictures.

No comments: